Hampstead nw3, London - Current Weather
Dry; Partly cloudy
|Data recorded at 05:54:17 BST|
|Measure||Current - ? s ago||Max/Min||Rate||24hr mean|
|Temperature||12.2 °C||12.2 °C at 04:29
12.0 °C at 01:43
|+0.0 °C /hr
-1.2 °C /24hr
|Relative Humidity||64%||64% at 05:46
55% at 03:52
|Dew Point||5.6 °C||5.6 °C at 05:46
3.4 °C at 03:52
|+0.9 °C /hr
-4.6 °C /24hr
|Pressure||1020 hPa||1024 hPa at 00:00
1020 hPa at 05:03
|-1 hPa /hr
-4 hPa /24hr
|Wind||1.6 mph WSW
Gusting to 2.0 mph
|Max Speed: 5.9 mph
Max Gust: 8.5 mph
|Max Hr Gust: 7.6 mph
Bft: Light air (F1)
|Rainfall||0.0 mm||Max Rate: null
Max Hourly: null
|Rate: 0.0 mm/h
Last 10 mins: 0.0 mm
|Day Temp Range:|
12.2 °C (Daily Min: 12.0 °C)
|10-min Av. Wind:|
3.3 mph S
16 hours ago
Latest Monthly Weather Report
- Overall, the month was somewhat warmer than average, with a mean of 10.6 °C (+1.7 °C from the LTA).
The absolute low was 2.1 °C, and the highest 24.2 °C.
- Came in much drier than the long-term average, at 19.5 mm (-60%) across 8 days of recordable rain. The most rainfall recorded in a single day (starting at midnight) was 5.2 mm. The cumulative annual total for 2015 now stands at 161.8 mm (-14%) from 56 rain days.
- A very sunny month, with 205 hrs (+50%) from a possible 376.
28 days had more than a minute of sunshine, the maximum being 12.8 hrs.
- Winter Events
- No snow or frost observed.
- Other Events
- There were no days of hail, 0 of thunder, 0 with fog at 09z. no days had >10 mm of rain, and 0 with gusts >30 mph.
2014 Weather Report
2014 was the sixth year of records for this weather station, and the fourth complete year in its current location in nw3.
It was the wettest of these, with a 31% excess compared to the expected long-term climatic average. Five of the top-ten wettest days across all six years fell in 2014's Aug-Nov period alone, which also contains the overall wettest day, the 13th Oct 2014, with 41 mm. For the first time, more than half of days had some measurable rainfall, whilst January had just one complete dry day all month.
Despite this, 2014 was both the warmest and sunniest in my records. The mean temperature was 1.3 C above average (Across England the anomaly was similar, and moreover 2014 was the warmest year in 357 years of records). August was the only month to come in below average, while Jan-Apr all came at least two degrees above. For the first time, there was absolutely no snowfall, and the year had the fewest air frosts on record.
For the website, nw3weather saw its busiest year since launching in Sep 2010, with 75,000 visits (up from 63,000 in 2013),
giving a mean figure of 206 per-day. The median was 188, since busy days (commonly very wet or windy days) skew the figure.
The most in a single day was 600 on 14th Feb,
a wet and extremely windy day (50 mph gusts). The fewest was 106 on 6th Sep, a quiet and overcast Saturday.
Looking ahead to 2015, this should see the completion of back-end website upgrades, with only minor UI and informational changes.
Summary of Data
- Mean 12.3 C (+1.3 C from the LTA). Absolute Min and Max: -1.4 C (30th Dec), and 31.2 C (18th Jul).
- Total: 815.2 mm (+31%) across 185 days (51%) of recordable rain.
Highest daily (starting at midnight) total: 40.7 mm (13th Oct).
Wettest Month: 141.5 mm across 30 days (Jan). Driest: 22.9 mm (Mar); Least Rainy: 5 days (Sep).
- Total: 1599 hrs (+9%) from a possible 4038.
Days with more than a minute of sunshine: 322 days (88%).
- Winter Events
- There were no days of falling snow or sleet (20 below the LTA), and 7 air frosts (-19).
- Other Events
- There were 2 days of hail, 14 with thunder, and 1 with fog at 09z.
This weather station has been recording data for 2302 days (1771 at NW3)