Hampstead nw3, London - Current Weather
|Data recorded at 04:22:27 GMT|
|Measure||Current - ? s ago||Max/Min||Rate||24hr mean|
|Temperature||0.0 °C||1.0 °C at 00:32
0.0 °C at 04:12
|-0.7 °C /hr
-0.1 °C /24hr
|Relative Humidity||71%||78% at 00:51
70% at 03:54
|Dew Point||-4.6 °C||-2.4 °C at 00:44
-4.7 °C at 03:58
|-0.8 °C /hr
-0.8 °C /24hr
|Pressure||1028 hPa||1029 hPa at 00:39
1027 hPa at 03:45
|+0 hPa /hr
-5 hPa /24hr
|Wind||0.0 mph ENE
Gusting to 0.0 mph
|Max Speed: 3.1 mph
Max Gust: 4.2 mph
|Max Hr Gust: 3.1 mph
Bft: Calm (F0)
|Rainfall||0.0 mm||Max Rate: null
Max Hourly: null
|Rate: 0.0 mm/h
Last 10 mins: 0.0 mm
|Day Temp Range:|
0.0 °C (Daily Min: -1.2 °C)
|10-min Av. Wind:|
0.0 mph ENE
46 hours ago
2016 Weather Report
Highlights from 2016, nw3weather's eighth year of operation:
- December rainfall: 81% below average, third driest month on record, and first time the driest month of the year was a winter month
- Very wet, stormy, dull June - 67% up on rain, and just half the expected sunshine. 7 days had thunder, a record
- Winter sunshine: Jan, Feb, Dec and Nov were all sunnier than average
- Foggy December: 7 days, a record (previous was 3 in Nov' 11), helping achieve a record year with 10 foggy days
- Late April cold: The last week of April was > 3C below avg and had a couple of snow showers (the latest seen at nw3weather)
- Anomalous overall warmth: 7 out of 12 months were > 1C above avg, and the lowest anomaly was just -0.5C (a record)
- September was warmer than June, and only a degree cooler than Jul/Aug, followed by a 6 deg drop into Oct
The weather station itself had a bad year, the wind sensor failing in early Feb (not yet fixed), and multiple outages of the thermo/hygro sensor (ranging from a few hours to a few days); indeed this was replaced in late Sep. This coming year I plan to replace the entire weather station, probably in September.
For the website, nw3weather just about saw its busiest year since launching in Sep 2010. Stats:
- Total visits: 84,738 (just 0.7% / 600 more than 2015)
- Mean: 232 per day, Median: 213 (median lower than mean since busy days - commonly very wet, windy, hot or cold days - skew the figure)
- Min: 121 on Christmas Day (a dull, warm, unremarkable winter day)
- Max: 813 on 23rd June (EU referendum day, though also a very wet, stormy day)
- No. tweets: 52 (twitter.com/nw3weather)
Summary of Data
- Mean 11.7 C (+1.0 C from the LTA). Absolute Min and Max: -3.5 C (19th Jan), and 32.6 C (19th Jul).
- Total: 570 mm (-9%) across 161 days (44%) of recordable rain.
Highest daily (starting at midnight) total: 30 mm (23rd Jun).
Wettest Month: 92 mm [+67%] (Jun). Most rainy: 23 days (Jan).
Driest: 11 mm [-81%] (Dec) across 8 days of rainfall.
- Total: 1426 hrs (-3%) from a possible 4045. (35%)
Days with more than a minute of sunshine: 311 days (85%).
Sunniest month: 192 hrs [+5%] (Aug).
- Winter Events
- There was one day with lying snow (1cm on 17th Jan), and 5 with falling snow, as well as 16 air frosts (-10).
- Other Events
- There were 2 days of hail, 13 with thunder (7 in Jun), and 10 with fog at 09z (7 in Dec).
This weather station has been recording data for 2911 days (2379 at NW3)